Kaden: "I think Daddy's don't cry. Boys don't cry. Only Mommy's cry."
Hmmm... I wondered how he figured that one out.
Truth is, usually it is Kaden who makes me start crying. Sometimes I just get so frustrated that I have to just sit down and let myself cry.
BUT... when this happens (which really isn't that often), Kaden says, "I'm sorry, Mom... please don't be sad..." (he knows he's the reason). And then he proceeds to start putting every blanket on me he can find, telling me I need to take a nap, as well as getting me tissues... It is so sweet, it quickly makes everything better... and I am reminded of the good boy he really is.
Tonight while he was saying his prayer, he was just saying the normal things he usually says, and then he said (very sincerely), "and Heavenly Father, I miss Cori. In the name..." Cori is his 12 year old aunt who lived next door to us when we lived in Fresno... who he played with all the time. Tonight he only mentioned Cori, but usually he tells me quite often about each of his aunts who lived there: Cori, Kaylee, Kelsee, Kate, and Kammy. He adores those aunts of his; it's so sweet... and so sad to see how much he misses them.
Here is Kaden after I asked him to set the table for dinner for me. He did this all by himself; what a big helper!
While I'm thinking about our Kaden-boy... I have a few more things I want to say...
Clint and I have been noticing Kaden changing a lot; he's really starting to grow up! I know... he's only 3, but he really is learning to be more obedient; it's like things are really starting to click in his brain and he wants to make good choices. It makes me so happy and so proud of him.
He's also such a good big brother. He and Lindy are the best of friends, not to say that they don't have their moments, because they do!! But, they are like two peas in a pod. If Kaden is going somewhere exciting, he always makes sure Lindy is going too! They are inseparable... in playing and having fun... and, of course, in their mischief. Kaden is in love with Paige. He always wants to be near her, touching her, kissing her, holding her, and helping me with her. He talks to her and gets so excited when she coos at him and smiles; it's the best.
Kaden is a very relational person; one thing he thrives on is having "talks" with me or Clint. I will be holding him and he'll say (in a very grown-up tone), "So, Mom, what did you do today?" It's so cute (and so funny because most of what I remember about "today" is disciplining him). We'll talk about things and then he'll say, "Thanks, Mom. That was a good talk." It's all I can do to not laugh outloud, but it also makes me melt... he's such a cutie pie!
We love you, Kaden!! We're so proud of you!!
Love, Mommy and Daddy
9 comments:
he is so adorable. You have a good little boy.
oh kaden really is growing up fast. i miss him a lot....i miss you guys a lot. tell him i said hi! and give him a big hug for me k! i miss being able to just walk over and talk...i'd give almost anything for that right now. i Love you guys!!
Kaden is a sweet boy. Isn't it so fun when they become such good helpers!!! Peyton is like my second pair of hands! Peyton is so wanting Kaden and Lindy to come see him!!
What a sweet boy. Little boys can be so sweet. . . even when they think they have to be so "tuff" and not cry! I love em!
Aren't three-year-old boys the best!
Summ! I love your new tapestry! That was fun catching up on all your posts, especially the cooking one with the kids- I love that kind of stuff with them. The best part is watching how much they love it! Kaden IS such a sweet boy, and Lindy- she looks SO big rolling out the dough! I know I always say this, but the way you describe their relationship with each other reminds me soooo much of mine when they were all that age. Good times, and it's still great!
I miss you guys! Your posts are so cute!!!! Tell the kids we said hi!!!
Hey Summer.... I hope you remember me... Renee Conaway... I found your blog from Veronica's! I hope I can be added when you go "private" Miss you! I love looking at all your kids! They are so precious!
Kaden is such a sweet boy. It's good to write stuff like this and even take a minute to step back and realized how OVERALL good your kids are. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with all the little frustrations, but if you stop and think about it, there's SO MUCH to love! Sweet post.
Post a Comment