Monday, October 6, 2008

;)

Yesterday, Kaden was sitting on our counter watching me make dinner. He was feeling a little "lovey;" he always gets like that around food. We were talking, and then he said, "Hey Mom, look at me." I looked at him, and he smiled and winked at me (Clint and I often wink at our kids and at each other). I said, "Wow. What was that? What's that called?" He's 3 and I wasn't sure if he would remember that it was called a "wink."

He thought about it for a couple of seconds, and then he said, "It's called 'I love you.'"

So sweet.

8 comments:

Natalie Zierenber said...

Oh my goodness, look at little Paige... she is getting so big and she is soooooooooo beautiful. Oh, I miss you guys. The distance that separates us is hard, but we are always a phone call away. We love you guys.

erin said...

that story was way cute. They're pretty smart, huh. I have a cat (who is my kid) that I have to keep at my mom's house up the street cause we can't have pets at our place...so I love going over to visit her even though she usually will make me chase her to get any kind of lovin' at all. But boy, when I get those loves back in return it sure makes my day. She's been real effectionate lately and it's made me very happy. so... that's my story that doesn't really relate much at all.

The VerNooy's said...

Awww.... that is so sweet! We miss you guys!

rebecca said...

Oh. What a sweet little moment! I need to start winking! ;)

Helen said...

So cute! I love these little stories. It must be fun at that age to hear all of the things they say. ;)

Emily said...

Oh. That is precious!

Kristi said...

He is so blessed to be born to parents who love him, and he picks up on your cute little meanings, without you having to say "I Love You!" so cute. Keep cherishing those moments.

Kate said...

Kaden's full of these sweet sayings! I love to hear them. Keep em coming.

p.s. Paige's little face on the right is so bright eyed! Such a doll!