Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday fun!

The kiddies and I went to Clint's school to have lunch with him; it was a lot of fun being there with him and seeing his school, which is beautiful, by the way. The kids LOVED going to "Daddy's school."


The hokie bird is Virginia Tech's mascot... Clint's school isn't Virginia Tech, but there's a LOT of hokie spirit around, so here is Dr. Hokie in Clint's cafeteria.


I know... I'm a mean mom. I plopped Lindy right on Dr. Hokie's back feathers and took a quick picture while no one was looking. When I got her down, I said, "Did you take a ride on the hokie bird?" She said (in a scolding tone), "Yeah, it's not safe, Mommy." Oops.

Birthday party time... after I made Clint a special dinner called... Peanut something something... not really sure, but it was pretty yummy (it was an Asian chicken marinade recipe from my friend, Crystal). I'd asked him what he wanted for dinner... his only request was, "something new." Poor guy; sometimes I get stuck in a rut making the same meals again and again. :)

I had rented the Spiderwick Chronicles for us to watch after we put the kids to bed, but he was holding Paige on the couch and fell asleep.... exhausted from a long week of studying. I didn't want to wake him up, but fortunately his sister called to wish him a Happy Birthday and his phone woke him up... a little power nap and he was good to go. We were able to watch the movie after all. (I guess Paige was getting a little tired of the flashing bright light while trying to sleep! What a cutie pie!)

The only bummer about Clint's birthday is that now he's 27 just like me. Things were so much better when I could say, "Sorry... I'm 27 and you're only 26..." ;)

3 comments:

Shane and Clara said...

yep that was me that woke him up. SORRY Clinty! But I hope you got to watch your movie. No wonder you sounded so out of it when I called. Summer, I get in the same rut with meals. I'm sure Shane would make the same request of having something new. ISn't meal decisions so hard and it never goes away!

J and L said...

Ha ha! That's funny! Jared teases me about being older than him (a whopping 6 months!)and I just say, "well, it just means that I'm your 'elder' and you have to listen to me..." He just caught up to me a couple weeks ago though... Give me another 6 months and I'll have to try your saying! :)

Kate said...

Hi Clint! Hope you got our singing message- just for you!! Looks like a well deserved "relaxing" b-day! We love you!