Saturday, September 20, 2008

Amber's a Bride!!


One of the happiest days of my life was my sister, Amber's, wedding day... but it was also a little sad for me. I wasn't able to be there for Sam and Amber's sealing in the Los Angeles Temple, because I was in the hospital with Paige (which of course I wouldn't trade for anything); she was born the day before they got married. It was something that I'd known I was going to miss for a while and every time I would think about how I wouldn't be there for her special day I would feel so sad and usually cry a little. But how could I not be soooo excited for Amber? She had waited a long time for this day... and so had I! Ambs and I would always talk about her dating prospects through the years, and she told me all about the rollercoaster she and Sam had been on. I was so happy for her when they were finally engaged! Sam is such a great guy; we love him for Amber!
Just a few days before Paige's birth and Amber's wedding, my mom and I were talking on the phone and she said, "Are you coming to Amber's bridal shower tonight?" (we lived 3 1/2 hours away) No, I wasn't. But why not? Clint was free and I was just waiting for this baby to come, so we talked about it and a couple of hours later we were on the road! I was sooo excited; I had thought I wasn't going to be able to be a part of Amber's wedding at all, but now I could at least be there at her shower and with most of my sisters! We had a great time, and Amber looked beautiful and ready to get married!!
Our gift to Amber and Sam... thanks to Dad Kellogg for the help!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey! I need that picture at the top, please? Could you email it to me when you have a chance. That was a fun shower to be at and we were ALL so glad you could be there for it. Miss you, Murfy!

Shane and Clara said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you guys are doing your blog! YOurs is so darling! Its so fun to keep in touch this way. We love you guys and miss you. We are so glad you guys are out here in the east even though it still seems like we are far away. HOpefully we can get to gether soon! Love you, Clara

Natalie said...

Hi SUMMER!

It's so great to see what you have been doing. I miss you. What happened with your sister? Congrats with the new little baby girl. You have a beautiful family, beautiful sisters and mother. We have so much to catch up on! Say hi to Clint for me!

NATALIE

hainesherway.blogspot.com