This was our first year being away from family for Christmas. We missed being with everyone, and especially this Christmas being the first without Ginger, it was hard to be so far away. I also knew, though, that if we were with everyone in California, it probably would have been a lot harder for me, seeing who was missing during that special family time. I definitely had my moments on Christmas Day, but it really mostly hit me on New Years Eve, which is always another special time for our family; I'll go into more detail later. With all of that being said, celebrating Christ's birth took on even more meaning for me this year, as I know it did for all of my family. What wonderful blessings are ours because of our Savior's life and His sacrifice for us.
Even though it was just us, there was no one else I'd rather be with on Christmas Day... Clint, Kaden, Lindy, and Paige. We had a very nice Christmas!!
On Christmas Eve, we got to have a nice dinner with a few families in our ward, along with a little program. It was a great night!!
Christmas Day...
Clint never ceases to amaze me. Breakfast was all ready when I woke up on Christmas morning... He made us eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and orange juice... it was wonderful!

Opening gifts and emptying stockings. I LOVE the $1 spot at Target!! Perfect!!
Lindy got some pretty jewelry.
...messy hair, chocolate on her face, still in pajamas... yet
stunning!!
Kaden got some little horses, tools, a bat... but his favorite, of course,
was the
free orange shoe-horn Daddy got for him!!

Paigey-girl got some little books and had plenty of wrapping paper to play with... 
Clint's family has a tradition where you have a different person to make a gift for each Christmas. We had Clara this year; we made her this magnet board. Thanks so much, Emily B. and Jen Z!!! Now I want to make one for myself! :)
Clint's sister, Kate, made us a super cute family scrapbook, and these adorable animal towels for the kids!! Thank you, Kate!!
Kaden (he's only 3 remember) took this picture for us! He's got the Zierenberg-camera-happy genes in him I guess; we thought he did a good job! Here we are with the scrapbook.
And here are the kiddies just out of the bath with their bunny, duck, and bear towels! Cute!!

We had Christmas dinner with our good friends from school, the Cox family. Angie made ham and all kinds of delicious things for dinner, as well as yummy pies (Brad made great apple pie!). We had such a nice time with them, including doing some Wii boxing!
It was a wonderful Christmas!! Just yesterday Kaden asked me if it was almost Christmastime again. :)
2 comments:
Your magnet board turned out super cute!
I know your heartstrings on being away from family at christmas, yet cherishing your own family now. We love you guys.
Post a Comment